Monday, April 12, 2010

A Jack Story

Thursday night I had a neighbor and her two boys over for pizza. Sam was working late and her husband was out of town. We do this often. The boys are always so busy. The house was understandably a mess with toys, dishes from dinner and I was exhausted. Sam calls around 8pm to tell me he's finally on his way home. I have Ben in bed and I start cleaning up while we're on the phone. I casually say to Sam, "I've got a huge mess to clean up." Jack is snuggled on the couch in his pj's with a snack - watchin' a show before bed. He heard me on the phone, gets up and puts his snack in the kitchen and comes in the living room and starts to help me clean. I was so taken back by it and kept thanking him and praising him. He said, "we're a team!", just so grown-up like and as if he wouldn't have it any other way. He's so sweet. He even asked me, "what else needs done?". Ahhh, what a guy.

Fast forward three hours and he throws up all over his bedroom floor. I love parenthood.

1 comment:

emsmom said...

That is sweet, what a good boy.