Monday, June 16, 2008

Home Repair Stories


Our house is still under warranty as it is just under a year old. We have all of our end-of-the-year repairs being done today by different contract workers. I gave Jack plenty of warnings that there would be lots of men in and out of the house today. He was excited and called them all, "men". "Hi men" he would say. When they would leave, he'd say, "where'd the men go?". One of them came while we were playing "cars" on the front porch. This is what Jack said when we had to come in the house:

"Is that man NOT going to play with my cars on the porch?" and then later, "Is that man NOT going to eat lunch with us?"

Okay, so then later on I have a man in the house fixing nail-pops. He is on a ladder and Jack is giving him the play-by-play of what he's doing. "I'm reading books with my mommy", etc. Then Jack grabs my hand and starts grunting and pushing (we all know what he's doing), face red and all. When he's finished, I'm thinking to myself, 'oh gosh, I hope he doesn't share this tid-bit'. Well, as soon as the thought was out of my head, Jack is walking over to the ladder and looks up and says, "I pooped". I was really embarrassed (you know since my child is the only one on earth that poops). I give him a few minutes to make sure he's done going #2 and quietly tell him we need to go change his diaper. On the way up the stairs, Jack tells the man, "my mommy is going to change my poopy". Lovely.

No comments: