Friday, June 18, 2010

A Real Airplane!!!

Our neighbor, Peter, is an Airforce pilot. His wife, Mary, invited us to come and tour the airplane he was flying that day and watch Peter take-off. Unfortunately, the day of the flight, it started to storm and made the entire event a bit hairy. However, Mary and I were determined to go. It's better than being cooped up in the house on a stormy day.

We all piled into Mary's truck. Here are the boys; thrilled to be riding all together.




The big plane. I believe Peter said it's a 737 - like airforce one but smaller. I couldn't get the plane in one shot as I was taking this picture from a truck that had come to pick us up since there was lightning.

Jack sharing his umbrella with Tommy. You see how well he's doing it?

First class seats.
Ready for take-off.

Oh boy, we're in trouble. Fasten your seatbelts.


Checking it all out.







Peter says the plane flies around politicians and such.


Peter and Mary
The boys seem absolutley thrilled to be posing with me.

We had a blast despite the rain/thunder/lightning. Thanks Birchenoughs!


No comments: