Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sweet, sweet Jack

Once again, it's a Jack story. I heard 4-years-old was precious. I knew from personal experience that whatever goes through their minds, comes out of their mouth. So true with Samuel Jack.

Last night, I am sitting on the couch with Ben and my mood is downcast and quiet. I had just finished feeding him and it was a struggle. He is teething - again. The night before he'd been up on and off through the night crying and moaning, fussy all day and then topped it off with an extremely short nap in the afternoon (my break time). Jack notices right away that something is wrong and he asks, "Mommy, why are you sad? What's wrong with you?". I said, "honey, I'm just tired." He said, "Why don't you go lay down?". "I can't", I say. "Someone has to take care of the kids, especially Ben." He says, "I'll watch Ben for you. You go lay down and I'll watch Ben." God love his sweet little heart. He was so sincere wanting to give me a break. I love that boy.

3 comments:

emsmom said...

wouldn't that be nice if he really could take care of Jack.

emsmom said...

oops, i meant ben. you know what i mean.

Bobbi said...

Good to know there's light at the end of the three year-old tunnel. Whoever came up with the "terrible twos" was a year off!