Last Wednesday through Sunday, I had a much, much-needed mommy break! I had a flight to go visit my sister in VA, and due to the monumental snow they received, I ended up driving to Lexington instead. I stayed at my moms for some R & R and it was, hands down, the most needed break of my life, to date. I crocheted with my mom, ate too much, took a nap when I wanted, ate what I wanted, went out with some friends, slept without the baby monitor, went shopping, painted my nails (which made me feel so human). When I came home Sunday, I literally felt like a new person. My skin was glowing, I felt such a sense of restfullness and contentment. If any frazzled mom does anything for themselves, it should be this; it doesn't take alot of money, just a wonderful husband. Here are some pictures from when I returned:
Ben was officially crawling upon my return and cruising around furniture so much better than when I left. Unfortunately, he was also pretty sick when I returned.

I bought Jack a spiderman umbrella and new superhero underwear for Valentines Day. The umbrella goes to bed with him and he must watch tv with it, too ("to block the bright light in my eyes").

Even when he accidentally pokes himself, he carries on because the umbrella is just too important.


Ben is sort of favoring Sam now, which I will soon turn around, I know:))

...And just when I had pretty much convinced myself that I would come home to a disaster area with yellow tape roping off the house, I was completely surprised to find beds made, laundry completely done and put away, the carpets vacuumed and a gourmet dinner ready-to-be-made. Although the break was the best thing I could have done for myself and my family, it is wonderful to be home. I'm so blessed (and renewed, revived, rested). Thank you, Sam! You are the most wonderful husband and father.
No comments:
Post a Comment