Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Days!

In the posting below, "Makin' Pizza for Dinner", I commented that we were supposed to get snow and ice and we sure did. Jack has had two snow days in a row. It sleeted and snowed all day yesterday so we didn't venture out to play. Today, it was sunny and about 17 degrees. Logically, today was the better day to play outdoors:)

A view from across the court.
















Jack was completely entertained by just throwing snowballs.















His pants and gloves were NOT water proof, poor fella.


















We met up with several neighbors. Here Jack and Aiden are playing on the snow pile and throwing snow into Aiden's sled.



















































Round 2. When we came in from the morning round of playing in the snow, we ate lunch and Jack was so tired, he took a three hour nap. I had to wake him up. As soon as he was remotely awake he said, "I'm ready to play in the snow again!" Here he's ready except for his coat. This time I put on waterproof pants.



























Back to picking snow off the ground and then throwing it back on the ground in a different spot.






























For those who can't understand what Jack is saying here, he is saying, "If I throw snowballs on people, I'll just have to go straight back inside." I had been lecturing him all day about not throwing snow on people (which he thought was a riot). I told him if he threw it on people, we'd have to go in. He finally got it and that is when throwing it on the ground became the important mission.

No comments: