Sunday, October 26, 2008

Talk about an all-time back fire!

Jack yelled out something while playing in the playroom (I was in the bathroom getting ready for church). I go to the playroom and ask, "what?" He says, "I'll tell you when I have to poo-poo, mommy". I know what this means. It means he has to poop right that moment and that is his way of telling me it's about to happen. So, I talk him into sitting on the potty. I suggest reading material (a tip from my mom - from my aunt) to get him to sit on the potty longer. It works well in getting him to stay there for a while. But, nothing happens. Make sure you read below for how this all turns out...




















Ahhh, sitting on the potty reading, "The House that Jack Built", how sweet...

The rest of the story goes like this: After reading the book, he's wanting to get down from the toilet. As I'm not wanting to push my agenda too much, I let him. But, I let him go bottomless back in the playroom, just his pajama top on, cammando below. I tell him that he has NOTHING on, he has to come tell mommy when the poopy is going to come. He agrees and we actually make two more false-alarm trips into the bathroom. Finally, I'm still getting ready in my room and he yells, "mooommmmyyyy, poopies on the floor!" Sure enough, he pooped in the floor. I thought there was NO WAY he'd poop without pants on. I was wrong. (At least he did it standing up and it was a clean drop). How's that for a poop story? I looked at Sam and said, "wow, that really back-fired on me." He said, "literally".

No comments: