Friday, September 19, 2008

School Field Trip to Eckert's Orchard

Jack's class had their first field trip today. It's apple-picking time at Eckerts. It's the neatest place. They have a country restaurant, a market and an orchard for picking apples and pumpkins in the Fall. Peaches and strawberries in the summer, other things in Spring, Christmas trees in the winter. They take you out to the orchard in a tractor-pulled wagon and it's so much fun. Before we did our apple-picking, we toured the grounds where they had a ton of animals. Later, we sat on bleachers and listened to "Tommy Appleseed" tell us all about Eckerts and the orchard. Unfortunately, I only got pictures of the beginning of the trip as I didn't charge the camera battery the night before. But, luckily the teachers took lots of pictures and promised to send me some. I will post apple-picking pictures when I get them. Jack had so much fun and wore himself out. Here are the shots I did get:


He got to ride the yellow bus with his teachers and friends.




















The tractor.

















Baby pig



















My little apple-picker.






















Tractor style tricycles




















These are really small camels, although they don't look like it.


















These looked like little kangaroos.
























I swear these little goats were really trying to escape - bless 'em.



































Good times!


















No comments: