Okay, so as I type this, it's sleeting and snowing outside and about 30 degrees. Despite that, yesterday it was 70 degrees and sunny (and a bit windy). After church, we went to the park. We went to this same park in the Fall and Jack didn't want to have anything to do with the slides. This time, he was fearless! It was hilarious. No sooner was his rear-end on the slide and he was flying down. The steepest slide didn't intimidate him one bit. On the other hand, he wanted to swing in the baby bucket swings.
Suggestions: Sam met one of Jack's little girlfriends' mother at the gym. Jack was telling Sam what the little girls name was while we were getting ready for bath. Jack says, "maybe Allison's mommy could be your girlfriend, daddy!" Playing with Friends:
Waiting "patiently" for us to finish dinner (and trying not to bagger), Jack came over to my side of the table and stared at my plate. He said, "I'm not going to bagger about going to play, I'm just looking at your beautiful eyes."
When I was sick:
Ben was fussy and it was clearly getting to me. At lunch, he was so whiney and Jack looked at me and said, "I know, he's wearing you out, isn't he?"
Beauty:
After applying some lipgloss, Jack said, "I like your make-up. You're so beautiful . . . when you wear make-up." Nice!
Mr. Content:
I asked Jack if he was glad to be back in Illinois after a trip to Kentucky. He said, "yeah, I'm glad to be back. I'm glad wherever I am."
Donating Toys:
I was explaining to Jack that he has alot of toys and needs to be thankful and think of others who don't have as much. He said, "well, I can donut some of mine".
Jack's bottom:
"My bottom is getting ready to laugh. It has a voice."
Trouble:
I told Jack we needed to talk about his getting in trouble at school, and he said: "I'm really trying to concentrate on eating my lunch right now . . . soooo, maybe later."
I asked Jack where he learned to be so sweet?
"I don't know. But I'm going to marry a really good lady for you. It's going to take me a few minutes to find her, but she'll be a nice lady."
Mommy & Daddy leaving town:
"Well actually, I would prefer it if you left tomorrow." (where does he learn to talk like this?)
The News:
While watching the news with me, Jack looked over at me and very excitedly asks, "Mommy, did you hear what they said? They said the market is on FIRE!".
Charity:
I was explaining Operation Christmas Child to Jack; giving to a child that is overseas that doesn't get Christmas gifts. He said, "Oh, mommy. Santa is going to be so proud of you. I bet he'll bring you some more make-up."
Playing:
Ben and Jack are playing. Ben falls backwards laughing (onto a pillow). Jack quickly leans down right in Ben's face and says, "Ben, let me see your uvula."
Behavior:
Jack lost tv for unbecoming behavior. He was asking me if he could watch tv again because he'd been a good boy at school. I said, "How do I know you were a good boy at school?", he said, "because I just told you I was good." Smarty.
Dinner:
Tonight at the dinner table, Jack said, "Mmmm...I can still smell the cafeteria at school." I don't know if that is an insult or a compliment.
Attitude:
After coming in from outside (when he didn't want to), Jack was huffing and puffing around. I told him, as he was coming out of the bathtub, "If you act like this after playing with your friends, then maybe we just won't go outside and play anymore." His response: "I think we need to stop and say a prayer about this right now."
Debating:
While debating with me about what solids to feed Ben, Jack said, "Mommy, sometimes you just have to voice your concerns." (oh my)
Carseat:
Sam was firmly telling Jack to get himself buckled in and Jack tells him, "I'm not liking this attitude."
Motorcycles:
"I see a motorcycle and he doesn't have a helmet on. When are they ever going to learn?"
Lunch:
"I don't want to eat the turkery. The turkey told it's mama that it didn't want to be eaten today, so I'm not going to eat it."
Yogurt:
"You know it's true what they say about yogurt..."
"what do they say?"
"I don't know."
Shopping:
I was going to Old Navy one Saturday and as I was leaving, Jack yelled, "Have fun at Old ladies". Then, when I returned and woke him up from his nap, the first thing he said to me was, "Did you have fun at old lady?".
Regarding Ben:
I was asking Ben a question and Jack says, "Mommy, he's still got the hiccups and has the paci in his mouth so he can't talk right now."
Breastfeeding:
While feeding Ben, I was about to fasten my bra and Jack stood right in front of my breast and said, "I need to see that before you put it away. Mommy, it looks like it's broken, it's got a crack in your breast."
Pooping on the potty:
"I have many plops to make." Jack says as he's unbuttoning his pants and heading into the bathroom.
Sam had Jack settled on the potty to poop and he told Sam as he walked out of the bathroom, "You go watch the basketball game until you hear a plop."
No comments:
Post a Comment